As I mentioned in 12 New Languages, I'm learning a new programming language each month in 2013. To go along with this effort, I need a dozen things worth building -- one for each language.
I'm going to try to play to the strengths of each language. Here's the initial lineup:
- Icon: "bucher" -- write books containing tons of code, using Markdown
- Go: "gebildet" -- better than bucher
- Common Lisp: yet another "make" tool; rogue-like game
- Scala: finance app with a Swing UI
- Java: a simple word game for Android
- Dart: rogue in "html5"
- D: ?
- Ruby: ?
- Groovy: scraping git (via jgit) for more-than-stats (finding buggy modules?)
- Fortran: ?
- Squirrel: ?
- Forth: ?
(Scheduled projects subject to change at my whim...)